Wednesday 5 June 2013

Rant

Random rant:

My mother. Enough said. Every single day it's a new nag whether it's "You can't wear that out" or "Sit straighter". Doesn't sound too bad but then she starts criticising my body. "Your hair's too long," It reaches my f*cking shoulders. "You're gaining weight. Stop eating and do more exercise". And because of that one sentence I skip breakfast, eat very little lunch and half of my dinner. When I'm not doing homework I'm running or doing some kind of exercise.

And it's not just that. It's when she starts criticising my favourite bands. That is where I loose the plot.   She says that I'm boring now because all I talk about is Lordi. Correction, I never talk about them at home. Or at school. Well, barely at school. It's other people that bring Lordi up and THEN I start talking about them. Not my fault.

Sometimes if I had to choose between saving her in a house fire or Lordi, I would save Lordi with zilch hesitation. No, not sometimes. All the bloody time. If I had to choose between me dying and saving Lordi or Lordi dying and saved then I'd let Lordi live. Does that give an idea on how much I love them? And I'd do the same for Bullet for my Valentine and Black Veil Brides.

When my mum found the scars on my arm she completely lost it. She didn't even stop to ask me why I'd done it. Oh and then she said "if you feel depressed just go read a book," So I guess I can't go talk to her about it. Well....not that I'd want to. And then she was all "I could loose my job because people would think I'd abused you," Sounds to me like she cares more about her job than her own daughter. Well I care about music more than my family. My online friends know more about me than she does. For hell's sake I just don't understand why she can't just leave me alone. She was never there for me when my friend had cancer and killed herself. She just began talking about pedophiles and stalkers. If I told her I was being cyber bullied I have high doubts she'd care.









2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you're going through. Whenever I get a new passion in my life my parents always seemed to say something bad about it. Even though they said they didn't mean anything bad about it, that was not the case the way I saw it. First it was Pokemon, then Chaotic, Transformers and now Lordi. Just like you I never talk about Lordi with my parents unless it is brought up. Now that I'm getting into KISS I'm scared that they will go through the same thing. This situation was worse when I was your age. Now it's kinda gotten better but I still fear something will go the way I don't want it to go like the time I wanted to use that pass Amen gave me and my parents' reaction to it. What scarred me the most about that terrible night was when my mom thought that Lordi were rapists. :( Anyways, I know what you're going through. I didn't know your mom was so strict. :( I don't like being told what to wear either and why should I be? I'm an adult, if I wanna walk the streets with rock band tees on I'll do that, it's not like I'm hurting anyone. I think what your mom should consider doing is lightening up a little bit because Lordi, BVB, BFMV and all the other things you like make you happy. They don't make you hurt anyone and I don't think they make you do poorly in school either. Don't tell your mom I suggested she do that, I don't want her to think of me as a bad influence to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I remember you telling me about your mother thinking that of Lordi. Well, who knows, maybe one day my mother will loosen up but I don't see it happening right now :(

      Delete